Work. Write. Live.

Isn't it funny how your subconscious knows what you want before you catch up? Got bit the Spring Cleaning bug a couple weeks back, thought I was just feeling the need to de-clutter, now that we were ending our winter hibernation, and opening the door to our home for visitors once again, but the truth of the matter is I was building a writing nook. 

I've been teaching the past 9 months and summer vacation is fastly approaching. Clearly my subconscious was foreseeing that I was about to have a lot of time off, a lot of time to contemplate, to completely embrace my introvert tendencies. I needed time to self- reflect, and that's all my writing is. It's a way for me to look back and figure out what  happened.

It's true. With the school year ending, now I can sit and look back at the past few months and interpret them clearly. This is something that some can do in the moment, Oh how I envy that.  No for me it all happens and I get through it but it never goes anywhere until I can link those events to the other assortment of experiences that occurred before and after it, finally fully gaining the lesson. Or the spark of wisdom or insight that makes it make sense.

It wasn't until on a whim of moving a desk into the room with the most light in our house did I fully understand this cycle that I've been performing my entire life.

Work. Write. Live.
I work best in clutter and chaos so my writer's sanctuary is the homework HQ, dinosaur haven, arts and crafts station, complete with rock collection. #happywriting

Comments

Popular Posts