10 Most Asked Questions When u Have a New Release

Last week I announced that I have a new book coming out (YAY!), shortly thereafter I started getting lots of questions but some were more frequent than others so I thought, why not answer them all in one place? Also I need a break from editing :) #winwin

10. How long did it take you to write Threshold?
Almost 2 years because I started thinking about it as I was completing the Harlow Whittaker Trilogy.

9. Is Threshold setup to be a trilogy?
No, I set out to write a standalone novel which proved to be a challenge in itself.

8. Is Threshold like Harlow?
No, I think the only similarity is that they both have characters from Albuquerque.

7. Is Threshold a YA fantasy?
It's Sci-Fi, so it was difficult for me to write because that's a whole new genre for me. Not only writing wise but I hadn't read sci-fi before, I was told it was for boys growing up. So when this concept came to me it was like, OK let's do it. But I struggled with being confident I could pull it off, even though it was my idea.

In terms of YA, Threshold has very mature themes so I think older readers will connect with it as well as teens.

6. Who is the main character?
Lucas Saavedra: 16 year old, caramel skinned, green eyed soccer star who finds himself personally effected by the invasion.

5. Invasion? What's it about?
For month's disappearances have been occurring all over the world. Chapter one begins with the main characters finally finding out that alien invaders are the cause. That's the setup, without giving too much away.

4. Is their war?
That's one direction that the characters find themselves in. I love writing battle scenes so they are present.

3. Any love connections?
When your world is blown up that forces you to put things in perspective and re-evaluate what you want. That sometimes comes in the form of a romance. And these characters world's are definitely blown up.

2. What's your favorite part?
Seeing how the characters grow and grapple with their own personal interests vs. the good of their people.

1. When will it be out?
Summer 2016, finally.

Comments

Popular Posts