Shannon Barczak Is Amazing, Check Out What She Has To Say About Being an Author & Super Mom


Everyone once and a while you meet someone that can be your soul-mate, your perfect match, your BFF, well that's what happened when I met fellow paranormal author, mom, and blogger, Shannon Barczak.  She is witty and a great author.  And she is just figuring it all out like me, which is why she will be making this guest blogging thing a regular occurrence starting next month.  I know it's so exciting!  But don't just take my word for it-before you start your happy dance, check out her interview and get to know her a bit :)  Happy Monday!



Shannon Barczak lives in the state of Maine with her husband,who is like her fourth child, hormone fueled teenage twin boys, a seven year old daughter, who thinks she truly is a princess, and a
dog named Ruby, who is so inappropriately friendly it’s almost embarrassing.

When she is not cooking, baking, and doing endless loads of laundry, she enjoys dreaming up crazy stories all while listening to her iPod on the highest decibel level possible. Her other hobbies include painting completely insane abstract paintings that most people don’t understand, swearing like a sailor when her kids aren’t around (ok, sometimes they are) and reading several books at the same time.


Because you're a busy mom of three, who also paints,  how do you find the time to write? 

For twenty years I started and stopped writing a book several times. I used the excuse that “I don’t 
have time for this”. Here’s the thing, when you want something bad enough, you’ll make the time. 
 It’s all about perspective, multitasking, and most importantly believing in yourself.

How long have you  been writing? 

I don’t remember a time when I didn’t write. It’s funny; a memory came to me the other day. In the 
seventh grade I had written a short story for fun. I put it away, like I did all my writings, and then one day I had to turn in an essay for English class. I panicked because I was late on the assignment and grabbed the story out of my hope chest. A few weeks later, not only did I get an A, I also won an award for it later on in the year.

What’s your favorite book? 

This is such a hard question! I have to say Pride and Prejudice. I adore anything by Jane Austen

What’s your favorite Indie book? 

One of my favorite books is Prince of Wolves ( The Grey Wolves) by Quinn Loftis. Out of Time by Monique Martin is also one of my new favs.

You live in Maine, does that serve as a backdrop to any of your books, even if it is transformed



into a magically world? 

I love my home state of Maine, even though I am moving to Charleston,SC shortly. I guess I will let the cat out of the bag and announce that my next series will be set on the beautiful rocky coast of Maine!

What is your writing process consist of? 

A big bag of Twizzlers and a bottle of Ibuprofen! I start off by writing out a synopsis on good old fashioned paper with a pen. I then write out my chapter outlines and also do any research that will be in the book. A composition notebook is never far from my side when I write. After I have everything written down, I open Word on my computer and let it rip.

What do your kids think of you being a published author? 

They think it’s pretty cool and their really proud of me. Although my 14 year old twin boys keep asking me when the big royalty checks are going to start coming in.

Do you have any advice for up and coming authors? 

Just do it! It’s not an easy path, I have always said, there are many people that say they are writing book but there are far fewer that actually finish it. I am almost jealous of young writers today. Twenty years ago if I had Createspace and Amazon Publishing at my disposal, the process wouldn’t have seemed so daunting.

What is favorite stage of the publishing process? 

 My favorite part is that moment when it all comes together and your finger hovers over the mouse button before you hit Save and Publish.


Who is your favorite character in your trilogy? 

I love them all dearly but my foul mouthed, smart ass heroine Willa is my girl

You’re working on your second book in the Skye Trilogy, any hints you’re willing to divulge?

Isle of Night, the second book is a bit darker and steamier than the first. I tried to continue the
theme of Willa finding herself and figuring out who she is but I also had to add more complex
layers to her story. One hint I will give is this: Mathias and Willa’s scenes were some of my
favorite and hardest to write. I cried at the end.


Need More Shannon:







Comments

Popular Posts