Love Letter to My Sons

I had a realization the other day that becoming a parent has made me much more laid back and relaxed.  Things that would have been stressful or "impossible" before are now just things.  Things that can be overcome or dealt with later when I feel more up to it.  I'm not saying I postpone or procrastinate it's just that my to-do list no longer dictates my day.

Having two little ones means I sit on the floor alot, I play ALOT and I get to see things from their point of view.  So I notice butterflies, and rainbows instead of just rushing through life I actually take my time and enjoy the things that otherwise may have gone unnoticed because I was "busy."

When I had my children, I realized that the words "busy" and "tired" took on a whole other meaning.  Before it was so easy to say, I can't do that because I'm busy or I'm too tired, but when you have a baby that's teething, another that's sick and you haven't gotten more than two hours of consecutive sleep, maybe four hours total, and you still get up and manage to care for yourself (even if it's just brushing your teeth and putting on clean pajamas) and two other human beings you realize that you are capable of so much more than you ever gave yourself credit for.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love my kids, and so often you hear, "if I didn't have kids I would..." but honestly if I didn't have kids I wouldn't do half of the things that I am doing now.  Because becoming a mom has made me push myself farther than I ever thought possible.  Physically and psychologically the demands of being a mama are like none other, but I wouldn't change it.

Thanks kiddos for making me stronger.

Comments

Popular Posts